If you're a cookie fiend like I am then this is the recipe for you! These are some of the most delicious cookie bars I've ever made! They're like a big soft cookie, crisp on the outside, soft in the middle and don't forget they're s'mores so they're made with digestive crumbs and stuffed full of marshmallow and chocolate! They're also really easy and fuss free to make!
170g unsalted butter, softened
227g light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
340g plain flour
225g digestive crumbs
170g marshmallow fluff
100g chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a 8x8 baking tin.
2. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, mix in the egg and vanilla.
3. Mix in the baking powder, salt, plain flour and digestive crumbs until a dough forms.
4. Press 3/4 of the dough into the prepared tin, spread over the marshmallow fluff and sprinkle on the chocolate chips.
5. Press the raining dough in pieces over the top of the chocolate chips, bake for 20 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before cutting into squares.