I'm super fussy when it comes to rocky road, there's a lot of dried fruit I don't like and I don't like most nuts either, so the best way to combat that was just to make my own and fill it with things that I do like! I definitely stumbled across a theme here so I decided to call it All American Rocky Road, as it's filled with choc chip cookies, marshmallows, salted pretzels and toffee popcorn! Of course the recipe can be easily adapted so you can add whatever you like!
300g dark chocolate
2 tbsp golden syrup
50 g crushed choc chip cookies
50g mini marshmallows
50g crushed and whole salted pretzels
50g toffe popcorn
icing sugar for dusting
1. Grease and line a 20x30cm rectangular tin.
2. In a bowl melt together the butter and chocolate, stir in the golden syrup.
3. Stir in the cookies, marshmallows, pretzels and popcorn, making sure it's completely coated.
4. Press mixture into the prepared tin using a spatula, refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
5. Remove from tin and cut into squares, dust with icing sugar.