Today I've got another yummy recipe, these crumbly cinnamon chocolate square are so good! How can anything with cinnamon and chocolate in not be?! They're a super light sponge with a gorgeous crumb topping which is full of flavour! Again since they're squares they're so good to take to picnics or on the go!
For the sponge -
175g butter, softened
200g caster sugar
175g self raising flour
3 tbsp milk
1 tsp baking powder
For the topping -
100g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
1 tsp ground cinnamon
100g light muscavado sugar
85g mixed nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a 7x11 inch tin.
2. Put all the sponge ingredients in a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
3. Tip the mixture into the prepared cake tin and spread evenly, scatter the chocolate over the top.
4. Mix the remaining topping ingredients together and scatter over the chocolate.
4. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool in the tin before cutting into squares.