A belated Happy New Year to you all! I really hope you all had a great new year, I know I did (the bits of it I can remember!), I wanted to share some thoughts I've had about my resolutions this year, some blog related, some personal. For some reason this year everyone's kind of had bad things to say about "resolutions" that we don't need to have goals to meet etc. To some point I agree, but I still think it's nice to set yourself a few pointers that you think you can work on or want to achieve within the next year, so here are mine!
1. Concentrate on my final year at uni, I finish in a few months, which will be crucial to my overall grade, I'm going to work my hardest and I really hope I end up with a 2:1. Sticking with the uni theme I also want to properly build up my portfolio.
2. Refresh my blog and focus on the content I love creating, which means definitely a new blog header and posting more lifestyle posts, restaurant visits, recipes etc!
3. Think about my options after uni, I study photography so I can't just walk into job (not like most people with degrees can anyway nowadays!), I ultimately want to work for myself, I'd like to look for freelance photography jobs within the advertising spectrum, food photography, interiors, promotional shots etc.
4. Read 50 books! Last year I set myself the challenge to read 50, I ended up with 38! I'm a little disappointed but in between uni work I'm chuffed I still managed to read that many! So I've gone for 50 again this year, which means more "On the Reading List" and "Read & Reviewed" posts!
5. Watch 100 films I've never seen! This one will probably be a little easier, I'm a massive film buff and I love discovering new films!
6. Get at least 1 new tattoo, I've had a few tattoo ideas that I've been set on for a while, I like mulling them over before I actually get them, I've already got 3 but didn't get any last year, so another is definitely on my list!
7. Travel! Visiting places I've never been has to be my absolute favourite thing to do, me and my boyfriend have already got two weeks in Mexico booked for September, we're hoping to squeeze in a trip to Prague over Easter too!
8. RELAX! I'm one of those people who finds "down time" very hard, I'm a constant worrier, things to be worried about, I'll worry about them...things that don't need to be worried about, I'll worry about those too! I find myself always thinking about the work I have to do next, whether blog work or uni work, I always make myself feel guilty for relaxing in-between working, I need to find some relaxing techniques, which leads to my next resolution...
9. Keep up my yoga, I've been doing yoga properly for about 6 months now and I absolutely love it, I find it really relaxes me and this year I really want to stick to it, I've also been dabbling with meditation which I've heard lots of people say great things about. Also just fitness in general, I'd love to lose a stone (or two!) for my holidays!
10. Stick with vegetarianism! I've been a vegetarian for a whole year now! I won't like, I eat the odd fish every now and again, but honestly I feel like I never want to eat meat again, I've discovered so many delicious recipes that I never would've while eating meat.
What are your resolutions for 2016?